Wednesday 10 September 2008

One Down, Two To Go...

C25K Week 9 Day 1 - Time 5.20am - Weather Drizzly 12.2 degrees C - Wind WSW 15mph.

So - I love saying this - I'm a 30 minute runner !!!!!

When I fist started on C25K I had three objectives:

1. To run for 30 minutes non-stop.
2. To complete C25K
3. To run 3 miles in 30 minutes.

I've now achieved one and am very close to two and three. And it feels great, I have to say. It feels very new, and different and empowering to be the guy who set himself a goal and achieved it. It's taken some time, a little pain and more than a little willpower and commitment, but I saw something through. I know I haven't finished C25K yet - and I will - but it feels like anything is possible.

So - to any of you reading this who are mid C25K and struggling, or thinking about doing C25K - take heart, dear friends, it can be done.

Keep running!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats, Gary! You're as good as done. If you can do it once, you can do it twice more, right?

I've enjoyed your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing how you do after C25K!

Muppet said...

Well done Gary, great achievement. Must be a fantastic feeling to have come so far in nine short weeks!

I have also enjoyed your blog and found it quite inspiring. I've been looking forward to reading each new installment. Have a great week 9!

Anna

Gary said...

Thanks for the comments, guys.

And a big thank you for your support. This whole blogging thing is a great way to get some of your thoughts and feelings off your mind. To get support and encouragement in return is far beyond what I ever expected. It is humbly and gratefully received.

Gary

Patrick Batty said...

Nice job Gary. I'm envying your success as I sit in my somewhat laid up state.