Friday 1 August 2008

Getting out of the door...

I've been inspired to create this blog by all the other amazing blogs I've seen which have charted the progress of all those redoubtable souls who have run the Couch to 5K running programme (http://www.coolrunning.com/). Some of the more erstwhile individuals have not been satisfied with merely completing the 8 weeks of physical upheaval which are required to get you through; they have actually decided to go on and become fully-fledged runners and transform their lives.

It was with a similar spirit that I began the C25K on the 14th of July. On that first day I weighed in at 270lbs and wobbled round with a 50inch gut. I had also quit smoking 6 weeks before. I am now on the verge of starting week 4 and felt that I needed somewhere to publish my training diary so that I have to commit and follow through. I'm using it as a tool to reinforce my own motivation, and if anyone else happens to be inspired or motivated by reading it, then that's just a big fat bonus!

No comments: