Friday 1 August 2008

Week Three - Day Three

Pace: C25K Week 3 Day 3
Weather: Heavy rain 15.8 degrees C Wind ENE 8mph

As usual, on day three of my training week, I felt very strong and energised - despite the weather. I think this may have caused me to set off at too brisk a pace. During the first two intervals I felt great but, boy, did I notice the difference in the final two intervals. I wasn't exhausted when I finished, but I didn't have much juice left in the tank. I shall now consider myself well and truly warned about firing off too fast, especially as the heat is turned up significantly during week 4.

On the plus side, my recovery times between jogging intervals are improving greatly. My niggly ankle, which felt great this morning, was sore again by the time I got home. Hopefully the weekend off will help, if not I'll be getting my bike out of the garage.

No comments: