Thursday 14 August 2008

Let's See Those Muscles Working

one hundred push ups





Week 1 Day 2 of the 100 Push-up and Crunch Challenge.


There's a very good reason why I've done so little upper-body work in my life...I suck at it. The results today almost confirm that this is a universal constant. It's not that I failed, I just didn't succeed with a flourish. Perhaps my expectations are just too high at this stage. All I know is that my whole upper body hurt all day yesterday and wasn't much better today. My maximum set on the push ups was a bit of a joke. I met the recommended minimum maximum (?), but it was a close thing. Here's the breakdown:

Push-ups

level 1      9
level 2      8
level 3      6
level 4      5
level 5      6 (maximum set)

Crunches

level 1      12
level 2      12
level 3      10
level 4      10
level 5      40 (maximum set)

Not quite so much enjoyment today, but I'll still be pushing hard on Saturday. Perhaps I have to think more along the lines of C25k. I know that if I do the work and have faith in my body, it will all work out.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: