Tuesday 12 August 2008

One Hundred Achy Muscles Tomorrow

one hundred push ups




Week 1, Day 1 of the 100 Push up and Crunch Challenge.

OUCH!

That's not all I have to say, but it makes up a a large part of it. After Sunday's initial test, I ranked 2 on the push-ups and 4 on the crunches. For the push-ups, however, I decided to drop myself to the middle set because I only just made it to 11 push-ups. Today's routine was as follows:

Push-ups

level 1 7 push-ups
level 2 7 push-ups
level 3 5 push-ups
level 4 4 push-ups
level 5 6 push-ups (maximum set)

I know that this isn't terribly impressive, but I was quite pleased because 11 nearly finished me off on Sunday.

Crunches

level 1 10 crunches
level 2 10 crunches
level 3 8 crunches
level 4 6 crunches
level 5 38 crunches (maximum set)

I felt much better about these.

I really enjoyed the challenge today, and I know for a fact that I'll feel it tomorrow. You never know, it may just take my mind off the two eight-minute runs and the bad case of jogger's nipple I seem to have developed. Vaseline ahoy!

No comments: